I’m completely willing to make cheese for friends that ask nicely! Send me an email if you’re interested and we’ll discuss more 🙂
- Colby Jack Cheese (1/24/2017) – Colby Jack is a semi-hard cheese with a marbled look that is created by combining curds from Colby and Monterey Jack cheeses. I think the most challenging part of this cheese is running two cheeses in parallel and hoping that they both finish at the same time. If you decide to make this cheese, I […]
- Asiago Pepato (Part 2) (7/11/2016) – I was asked to make a few cheeses for a wedding coming up in October. Here is the first cheese, an Asiago Pepato. I started with a two gallon batch for practice, and to work out any bugs in my process. Then I scaled up the recipe to make a 4 gallon batch. The smaller […]
- Asiago Pepato (1/26/2016) – Asiago cheese with peppercorns in the middle. I’ll probably only age it for 2 months because I’m curious how it tastes! Written by: Anna on January 26, 2016.
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake (11/29/2015) – I’ve been wanting to post about cheesecake for several months now, and what better time than just after Thanksgiving? Rather than just posting pictures with a brief description, this post will walk you through my cheesecake recipe step-by-step. It takes several days to make a cheesecake, so I recommend planning ahead. Several of these steps […]
- Shaping Gouda (7/9/2015) – If you have ever purchased a wedge of Gouda, then you may have noticed that the cheese tends to have a smooth, round curve on one end. Standard cheese molds make flat, pill-tablet shaped cheeses with a corner and not a round edge. I’ve heard there are tricks you can use to simulate a bowl-shaped […]