This release took a few months longer than I was planning on, but I put a lot of work into making ocarina easier to use. I started off writing my own linked list class to use in playlists, but the interface still needs work so I haven’t started using it everywhere.
Something I didn’t plan on doing was rewriting the entire UI… that’s really what took the longest. I had some messy, hand-written code for showing the application and it wasn’t easy to work with at all. I dreaded adding new features or cleaning any of it up because something might break. I knew I would have to rewrite most of it eventually anyway to work on some UI changes that I planned on making, so I decided I would try to make future edits as easy as possible. I found GtkBuilder and the Glade UI designer and then spent several weeks cutting out old code and making everything work with this new system. I think the end result was worth it!
New features in Ocarina 5.10 include:
– Move playlist close button into the tab page because tabs were growing too wide.
– j/k keys move the currently highlighted down or up (vim style!).
– d deletes selected songs from the current playlist.
– Now playing and the AutoPause / Library / Settings notebook share space, everything in a single notebook resulted in a lot of wasted space.
– Users can manually hide the Recently Played and Banned tracks lists from the Settings tab.
You can get it here. There is a PKGBUILD available here.